Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mat Kearney Tribute

Here is a little poem I wrote about some of the music of Mat Kearney that has been playing non-stop in my head, my car, my phone, etc.... Sometimes an artist can just move you. I don't get this excited about everyone, but so many of his songs, dare I say, ministered to me. I feel connected to a lot of his writing, his lyrics can be universal and sometimes make me feel as if he was writing about my life. And yes, I am a fan. You may think I am silly if you wish, but if you read poetry or books, or watch movies because they inspire you, then you are silly too. Basically, all music is leading us to feel something, and the best of it can heal something. This is what I am currently " feeling".

Mat Kearney Tribute

Every note that you wrote
Every line that I heard
It mixed and it stirred
Something inside me
Every last word
Moved me
Brought me back to feeling
Bought me a peace of healing

I listened close to the words
Studied the meaning
Heard them when I was dreaming
Brought me back to life
Led me to the Light
Helped me to fight
The gray day
Grasp at the fray
“City of black and white”

So you sit and you write
Late in the night
Maybe by morning light
You wonder if we hear
You wonder if we care
What your meaning
What your feeling
Buy what your dealing…

I’m in my home
Thinking alone
Trying to find the Way on my own
I listen at night
And in the morning light
Maybe you've been there
Well, I hear and I care
What your meaning
Can feel what your feeling
Can buy what your dealing

Oh, Oh, here we go again
I’m listen to that song again
Helps me hold on to You
Helps me to make it through
Clinging tight to the Hope
Letting go of the rope
That binds me
By day, by night
Chains are getting tight
But still fighting the fight
Gonna play that song again

So I’ll sing like I’m free
I really want to be
"Cause all roads lead back to You"
"On and on and on..."
We can make it through
Down the winding road
Nothing left to choose
Nothing left to lose
Singing Hallelujah in my veins

Maybe it was you,
That opened my eyes
Pointing to the skies
Woke my morning up
Pulled me "Closer to Love"
Listening to that song again.
Gonna play that song again.
Singing Hallelujah in my veins...

....Thank you Mat Kearney. Saw you at City Stages in Birmingham, and appreciate your music.



No comments:

Post a Comment