Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Fight " by Jennifer Baker




"Fight"

Jennifer Baker
April 7, 2009

Desire has gripped
The corners of my heart
Paralyzed by the thoughts
I keep in the dark

My soul is frozen
Every place, every part
Petrified by the thoughts
That could tear me apart

Destruction and chaos
They are waiting to see
If I will let them
Take a full hold on me

So I put on my armor
I go to the fight
Every long moment
Of every long night

My contentment is stolen
Peace has been lost
I am moment by moment
Counting the cost

Sin has found me
Again and again
I turn my face away
As I give in

I want to escape
But I am held somehow
By an immovable force
That wants control of me now

The two inside me
Struggle and hate
No tolerance for the other
Their war is my fate

Confess your sin
He is faithful and just
Confess your sin
And then you adjust

Walk in His way
And Follow Him
But I walk away
From the peace within

My flesh is strong
My heart is weak
The night is long
The day is bleak

But I will not give up
I will wrestle and fight
I will not give up
As dark as the night

I long for the freedom
I have known before
I pray for release
Through the open door

Let me out of this pain
Let me out of this hole
Renew my mind
Restore my soul

I’ll believe what you said
I will let go of this now
I’ll believe what you said
Though I don’t know how

Give me your courage
Help me tonight
Give me your strength
So I won’t quit the fight

-AMEN

2 comments:

  1. Wow girl! If you read my post from the other day you will know this is just what I need.

    ReplyDelete