Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 2, 2009

The Most Personal Thing...


This blogging thing has been really hard for me. I will have a great idea, a tug at my heart to go and write out my thoughts, and then daily life swallows me up, and I inevitably have to make someone a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich or chase someone with a tissue. So I think, yes! I am definitely going to write about that! And whatever it was is gone like Patrick Swayze's, one hit wonder "She's like wind...".
I don't know why I toil so over the content of this blog. I just feel like, maybe, if someone actually takes the time to read it, then it must be at the very least interesting. Hopefully any visitor of mine would at least not regret the time it took to read it. OK, I am still toiling. Picture me twiddling my thumbs and writing. I have a friend who writes in her blog everyday about her kids, and another who writes astounding theological revelations on a regular basis. Then I think, I am writing about myself... What a vain, self centered thing to do! Really, I said before, this is therapeutic. Maybe you will get something out of my personal journey. Maybe not. So all that to say. Get READY. I am about to tell you the about the most meaningful experience I have ever had. How I became the person that I am at this moment in time, and the event that has shaped my faith in a way that no other event has before or since. My defining moment so to speak. The day that I went from a works centered performance based Christian, to a deeply humbled follower of Christ changed forever by His grace and mercy. I am making this declarative statement so that I will follow through with sharing this story. I don't tell everyone, because not everyone can handle it. Especially among my Christian acquaintances and friends. It is a hard story to hear. Not totally my own story, but it totally changed me. Completely. So then. next time, I promise to tell you.

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I want to read whatever you have to write. I am excited about your "story" and can't wait to read it. By the way, you have a Christmas pic coming. One day, if I can find the old cards and the pictures. But they will have to turn up eventually, won't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving me hanging Jenn. Until tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I wrote about a hair growing out of a mole on my face last night. Don't stress about what you write. God will lead you -can't wait to read your "story".

    ReplyDelete